Friday 26 July 2019

Jane and Giles arrive

Sun 30/6/19 to Tues 2/7/19

On Sunday Jane arrived from the UK and Giles from Toronto. We spent the next few days doing the sight and avoiding those areas we decided had nothing to offer us!
I should point out this is not Jane

Below are some random pictures of this great city.

















On Tues I took the opportunity to get the Mastervolt people, who are based in Amsterdam, to check out the electrical side of the generator. (The mechanical fix was sorted before I departed but couldn’t be fitted in time before I left). They gave it the all clear so hopefully I’ll have the genset up and running on my return to the UK. 

Of note during out stay in Amsterdam was a meal we had at the Brasserie Ambassade where were treated to outstanding service from Sergio and stunning food.  Well worth a visit.  Top notch. 

Bikes are everywhere in Amsterdam and, to the uninitiated, eyes in the back of your head would be an advantage! The Dutch mastery of the English language was ably demonstrated when I stepped onto a cycle path without due attention only to be reprimanded by a Dutch gentleman who shouted “stupid old fart” as he swerved to avoid giving me an opportunity to try out the Dutch medical services.

No comments:

Post a Comment